WIG MAINTENANCE & CARE
WASHING YOUR WIG
One of the great things about owning a quality human hair wig is that it’s far less maintenance than real hair! Real hair has to be washed every few days because your scalp is constantly producing oils that make cleaning a necessity, with wigs, you don’t have this coming into play. Therefore, we recommend washing your wig once every 4-6 weeks, or after 40 wears, whichever comes first. When your hair stops moving as naturally as it should, that's a good indication it's time for a wash.
1. Pin the wig tightly to a wig head, making sure no loose pockets have formed. Take care not to stretch the net too much, or it may tear.
2. Brush the hair gently with a wide tooth comb and work your way from the bottom up.
3. Rinse the wig with lukewarm water. 4. Put color safe shampoo through the wig, starting at the top and working your way to the bottom.
5. Rinse the shampoo out well and then repeat if a nice healthy lather is not achieved.
6. When applying the conditioner, stay away from the roots of the wig. This will ensure your wig suffers minimal hair loss during the process (as conditioner can loosen the knots, which are hand tied to the cap).
7. Allow conditioner to set for a couple minutes. Rinse thoroughly, especially in the nape area.
8. Wrap the wig in a towel and squeeze out the excess water
9. Comb the wig using a wide tooth comb **for naturally wavy/curly hair- DO NOT USE A BRUSH, ONLY A WIDE TOOTH COMB, then use your hands to bunch up the wig to bring back the shape**
10. Let air dry and style the wig when only slightly damp, using a blow dryer at that point if desired
STYLING YOUR WIG
Because our wigs are 100% high grade Remy human hair, you can style these wigs in any manner you please. Blow dryers, curling irons, flat irons, and any other styling tool are all acceptable.
Please do keep in mind however that just as your own hair is susceptible to heat damage, so is the hair on your wig. As such, we recommend always using a good heat protecting product before heat styling, keeping your heat tool to no more than 300 degrees, and avoiding styling daily. The great thing about our wigs is they should hold your style quite well until your next wash.
We also recommend combing the hair out daily to reduce any excessive tangling.